Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My First Altered Book

Ah, this weather here in Illinois has been absolutely fabulous! With the nudge of Cori's "Spring Cleaning" series and this warm weather, I got the urge to start going through all of my "stuff". I've been able to organize, donate, and purge a lot of things:-) While I was cleaning in my craft room, I came across my first altered book I did when I was part of a local altered artists group. Since I was so new to this art medium, I started with a small child's board book. Once the gesso was applied, I was hooked. I've forgotten how much fun it is to play with gesso and paints:-) Here are some (not so professional looking) pictures of my book.





I also have an altered cookbook I started somewhere. When I locate it I'll share it with you. Thanks for stopping by! Have a creative day:-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so gorgeous! I love all the beautiful items you added (those quilt square are so pretty). I should dig mine out and work on it again...another one of those not quite done projects.
    Thanks for sharing and the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow tammy what an excellent creation!!!! Love all the different pages!!!! You sure did a lot of work on this but the result is amazing!!!!! Way to go!!!!!Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2011
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity