Sunday, July 31, 2011

One in a Melon

I can't believe it's going to be August tomorrow. That means only 3 more weeks until the kiddos are back in school:-) The only problem is that it's still so hot out. Only one of my kids' schools has A/C:-(  I hope it drops into the 70's before school starts.

For this card I used one of my most favorite carts, Simply Charmed. I used my Gypsy to remove the face so it wouldn't cut and used a Boy Mates PK stamp instead. Yes, I think I went a little white gel pen happy and perhaps shouldn't have hi-lighted the face. I really need to take a class on hi-lighting --{with sarcastic voice} -- oh wait -- we don't have a scrap store that does that. The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms The Charmed Life set and the patterned cs is from DCWV Nana's Kids. I submitted it to FCCB's Monday Challenge and Paper Playtime's challenge. The Monday Challenge will have a new challenge beginning tomorrow. Paper Playtime will have a new challenge next Monday. They're really fun. Come by and play sometime. Thanks for stopping by. Have a creative day:-)

11 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! Good luck on the challenges! :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card and the colors!! The face is adorable...good luck in the challenges!

    xoxo Charity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! The watermelon face is adorable and I love the purple! Thanks for playing with us this week at FCCB!
    Sabrina
    http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Nice paper!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable! The colors are fabulous and I'm loving that paper... and sweet PK faces naturally make everything more amazing. :o) The ribbon is gorgeous. I'm happy to be your newest follower! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!
    http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. Love it and the PKS face just makes it even much cuter.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your face and highlighting -- you did a good job -- no classes needed for you! :) And I especially like the unexpected, unique purple melon. Very cool! Thanks for joining us at FCCB for the "Melon Time" challenge.

    Jessica
    FCCB DT
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card...oh how i love watermelon...fabulous creation..tfs.
    www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy, you are one in a melon!! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super cute card!! Love that sweet face. I think I over hi-light myself and then decide it looks just fine. Yours is just great!! Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card. Love the watermelon, his face is adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2011
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity