Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday, Charity!


I'm not sure if this qualifies for a Monday Musings, but I am begging all of my card swap buddies that had birthdays in November and December HUGE forgiveness on late cards! I know this sounds cliché, but I had some family issues right after Thanksgiving that set me back both emotionally and organizationally. If you follow my blog you know what I'm talking about. You also know that it's a new year with new resolutions:-) So, I'm catching up with my swaps this month and will hopefully stay caught up.

This card I made for one of my first blog followers, Charity from the bookin' room. Her birthday was on Nov. 28th and I just wasn't prepared. I emailed her and BEGGED for forgiveness:-) I told her I'm just extending her birthday celebration a little.



My inspiration sketch came from Page Maps. The patterned cardstock is from echo park's "Be Mine" paper pad. I punched three 1 1/4" circles and popped them up on the bottom. I wrapped some "Strawberry Cupcake" baker's twine from Trendy Twine around a one inch strip of CS. I embossed the 3-3/4" square vanilla CS with "Swiss DotsCuttlebug embossing folder and I stamped the sentiment from PTI's "Birthday Basics" set with S/U "Sahara Sand". I used "Pumice Stone" Distress Inks around the edges of the CS.

Now, if you'd help me out, please go over to Charity's Blog and wish her a belated birthday:-) Thanks for stopping by! Have a creative day:-)

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card! I am sure your good friends will forgive you. Hope you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2011
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity