Thursday, March 17, 2011

Aloha!

Have you ever started with an idea for a card or layout and ended up somewhere completely different? Well, my inspiration began with a patterned cardstock from the Animal Crackers Stack. The card is for the Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge,  Life's a Beach. I saw the cute lizard/salamander (what is the difference between the two?) and wanted to use it. After trying to match and coordinate 50 different shades of green then running to Hobby Lobby for more shades, I ended up losing my focus on what I originally wanted to do. After all of that  I realized I didn't have a sentiment stamp that I thought I had. So, the card is a little more "cluttered" than I like and the sentiment is a little out of scale. At lease now I know I need to start looking for stamp sets with lizard puns:-) I also submitted this card to Emma's Throwback Thursday challenge. She required the use of an older cart and the color green. Thanks for stopping by. Have a creative day:-)



1 comment:

  1. Nice Card! Replied to your question on my blog about the sentiment stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2011
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity