Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Feeling Groovy cupcake

Good Day Crafters! Today I'd like to share my attempt at using the Cricut Cake machine. I broke down and purchased one on Amazon a few weeks ago because my daughter is a big Cake Boss fan. She wanted a big birthday cake like Buddy makes. I tried to explain that take a HUGE kitchen and TONS of experience, both of which I don't have. But, like any parent, how can you say "no". I watched a few YouTube videos on cutting fondant and decided to give it a try. Let me just say it's not as easy as it looks. My first attempt was fairly sad. I cut out 49 peace symbols out of "tie dye" fondant for 2 dozen cupcake tops. These are going withe her to bowling practice. A few things I learned: fondant dries out FAST; don't roll it out more than 1/8"; don't make the cuts too close together because the next cut "smooshes" the previous cut. I'm sure there were a few other amateur things I did, but this was a trial run before I do her cake. I am taking suggestions from anyone who has had success with the Cricut Cake:-) 
Thanks for checking in. Have a creative day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity